Friday, April 14, 2017

Preparing for the little one.....

Hello!

Good morning!

I am squirming in my seat...

Watching the clock....

Today is the day.... I get to go pick up our little Boston Terrier Puppy!

I have so many emotions running through me...

I'm so EXCITED and yet very NERVOUS!!

Will Audrey like her brother?

Will Audrey still like me?

Will he love his home?

Do I have everything he needs?

You would think since I have Audrey I would be good right?

AHHHH!!

Wrong!

He needs his own stuff too!

Puppy Stuff!


You know like his own Redskins Jersey! 

Yes.... He is already ready for football.... I mean the draft is right around the corner....


Here's a new Puppy Check list!

Crate



Crate training is one of the best options for pups. It keeps them safe during the day from getting into things unsupervised while you are out and about. Helps give you a little piece of mind. Plus if you have to take them to a kennel, vet, or groomer where they will be locked up they won't feel as scared being in the crate because that's a sort of home comfort for them.  Also helps with potty training as well... 

Bowls


Smaller bowls to start out with since they aren't as tall as you think...


Food

Puppy food helps them get all the nutrients and weight gain they need to be healthy and beautiful Best friends for life!

Collar

Helps others know he has a home and not look so nakey...

Tag


Tag.. let's people know where that home is. Also helps you hear where they are too. Win Win!


Harness

I love a harness more then the collar. gives you more control while walking them and doesn't allow you to choke them.

Leash

Of course I did have plenty of these. You know for all the matching and such. He will be using the superhero leash more then any!

Toys

This is one of the hardest and yet most addicting thing of this list! Puppy chews...balls...ropes... and had to keep in mind Audrey "The destroyer"


94 cents toys from Walmart are the best!

Blankets

I was told no more blankets in the house since i'm a blanket freak well.... I got him a marvel blanket and a Boston Terrier blanket! 

He has to have new blankets of his scent to go home with.... DUH!


Lastly....Vet & Groomer which we already had thanks to Audrey!

Now my Puggle and Boston Terrier are breeds that don't need much grooming needs. So I take them to the groomer for nail trims but, there are some grooming things you will need to have at home.

Brush: I have the Furminator and the Zoom Groom

Shampoo.... Smells so good!

Dental Treats: Audrey like the Greenies or the Whimzees

I also use the Breath Freshener that you can add to your water


I got all of my stuff from...

Chewy.com

Petco

Petsmart

&

Walmart

To help save yourself some money......both Petco and Petsmart has rewards programs

With Chewy you save already from their prices being low... you get great customer service...and you save with autoshipment.

Walmart they have their savings catcher.... I randomly cash in my savings just to use it up on the 94 cent ropes  that last long for Audrey!

Plus Walmart.. Petco...and Petsmart usually have Ibotta deals on some dog food or treat so I always keep my eye on them!

Now also, I have been so prepared and I kept the new crate away from Audrey because I didn't want our new little one to not feel like it was his place. 

I got enough toys to help make Audrey not feel like she isn't getting anything.

I have been reading what to do to keep Audrey happy during this transition.

Hopefully it will all work out!

I will be keeping you up to date!

If you have any tips or suggestions please comment below!

I would love some help!

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara

Here is something I found to be so very interesting and yet so freaking powerful to me.  Now, I joined Younique for the discount you ge...