Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Pop Tart Appetizer anyone?

Hello!

3 more days!!

How many times have you watched the trailers on Netflix?

Twice everyday right? 

I know I'm not the only one?

Anyway.....

Now Pop Tarts are a must for your Gilmore Girl party... why? Well duh, Lorelei sat them out as an appetizer for the Chilton study group Rory had.  

Now personally I would stick with the store bought ones... I am a sucker for the Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts... No one better mess with those if I am on my Pop Tart kick... Me on Hangry Status is nothing compared to my Pop Tart love!



Well these Taco Pop Tarts are perfect Twist to make for Gilmore Girls or your Taco Tuesdays!!! 


Beef Taco Pop Tarts

Ingredients:

2 boxes of refrigerated pie crust (total of 4 pie crusts), at room temperature
1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
1/2 onion, Thinly sliced
1/2 pound of Ground Beef
1 Table Spoon of Taco Seasoning
1 cup of Cheddar cheese


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets.
Working with one pie crust at a time, unroll onto working surface and cut into six rectangles. Repeat with remaining crusts.
(should make about 12 rectangles)

In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil until hot .
Saute onion for 5 minutes. 
Add beef and cook completely through like you would when making tacos.  
Add Taco seasoning and combine well.
Remove from heat and let cool.

Place six pie crust rectangles on one of your baking sheets. 

Spoon Beef and Cheese on top.

Top each with a cut crust and gently press around the edges. Use fork to make pretty edges.
make a few incisions on top to help let steam escape.

Once all Pop Tarts are filled and topped and made to look pretty, Bake for 15-20 minutes. 

I would serve with some Sour Cream and/or Guacamole if you wanted to make it real Taco Tuesday style.

If you make these Let me know what you think!!!

I'm sure I could eat Tacos every day!!!

What about you?

<3 Ashley









No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara

Here is something I found to be so very interesting and yet so freaking powerful to me.  Now, I joined Younique for the discount you ge...