Tuesday, February 21, 2017

DIY Makeup Brush Cleanser


Hey Everybody!

I'm  Anna from over at A Sparkle Of Grace.
Thanks so much to Ashley for letting me come on her blog! It's my first collab so I am super excited. I probably wouldn't ever have been brave enough to reach out on my own, so this is getting me out of my little bubble and that's always a good thing.
dsc_0041
So,  makeup brushes. Makeup brushes are one of those things that everybody loves but nobody likes to clean them, okay pretty much nobody, I actually don't mind. I get a kick out of hearing beauty bloggers complaining about having to wash their makeup brushes, and I'm just sitting on the other side of my computer wondering why it's so unpleasant. To be fair I don't have that many brushes, maybe thirty tops, and I don't use them all regularly.
All that being said, the thing two things that I believe makes this slightly tedious process is the brush egg I picked up last year and the homemade brush cleanser I have been using for the last couple of months.
Today I thought would be fun to share my "recipe" for my makeup brush cleanser.

What You Need:

dsc_0001
Liquid Soap(I use Dawn Ultra Free & Gentle)
White Vinegar
Coconut Oil
One 16oz Masson Jar with lid

What To Do:

The directions are super simple, and it takes less than five minutes to make.
Pour the soap into the jar up to the 2 cup mark, then add a 1/4 cup of white vinegar. Melt a tablespoon of coconut oil, add the coconut oil to the jar. If the jar isn't filled to the top you can add a bit more soap. Clean any soap residue off the rim of the jar then place the lid on the jar and make sure it is well sealed. Gently shake the jar the make together all of the ingredients
Voila!
Now some of you may be wondering about the vinegar smell, and while yes there is a little bit of a lingering scent, it wears off by the first or second use of the brush.This mixture usually lasts me about four or five washings, so about a months worth of washings.
Thanks again to Ashley for having me on her blog! It's been a lot of fun, and a great first collab experience. Head over to my blog to check out Ashley's post about her weight loss routine.
Have a fantastic day!
Anna.  

A Sparkle Of Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara

Here is something I found to be so very interesting and yet so freaking powerful to me.  Now, I joined Younique for the discount you ge...