Wednesday, May 4, 2016

"Frozen" with this thought

Good morning everyone! I had another post scheduled to happen today but after reading an article this morning my brain started thinking hard.

In no way am I trying to upset anyone or hurt anyone, just wanted to share my thoughts on my blog. 

I read that they are thinking of making a sequel to Frozen showing that Elsa is Gay.

I don't agree with that thought. Now I am, all about you loving your self and who ever you do out in this world. One of my favorite Characters in a show turned to be gay and it was kind of hard to understand at first but how I was feeling other characters felt it to... of you love that character and it was a learning experience for the other characters and the viewers. Now I was also in high school when that subject came into talk/ thought. 

The story of Elsa has already been told. She is a strong Woman that is Independent and showed children that love between sisters is what can help you through life. That was the happy ending.  Just because Frozen had it's moment of the happy ending wasn't a princess finding a prince. It gave it's own story just like a lot of the movies do. 

Each princess show you a different life and a different journey. Elsa had powers and happy ending I just feel adding that to it as well will just make you look over the original story.

So I feel like if they are wanting to make a gay princess then start with a brand new character. Let us go on her journey from start to finish that is focused on that. Just the only thing that bothers me about that is when you watched the Princess when you were young I wanted to be each one of them.

 Snow White made me not like apples.....Cinderella made me want to dance with my prince.....Sleeping Beauty made me want to act like I was asleep all the time in hope that my prince would find me.... So now if I was that young girl would I watch this new Princess and want to be gay just like her.  

Again, I am not saying it's a bad thing to be at all but I feel like in my day that didn't come up until middle school high school ages. So is it going to have that same affect on children that aren't experiencing those kinds of issues/feelings. They look at the princesses as who they want to be when they grow up.   

I understand that times have changed and that rereading all that I am typing it's making me sound really old now.

It's really hard to understand what happened to the world to where we now have to be careful with everything we say or do for it not to offend everyone and it become such an issue. Why is everyone feeling so left out with everything  going on? Am I so stuck in my own little world being my own person that I have missed something? 

My intentions with this post wasn't to hurt or offend just simply a place where I can type out my thoughts. You can get your own blog and do that too!

Hope everyone has a great day!

<3 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mascara

Here is something I found to be so very interesting and yet so freaking powerful to me.  Now, I joined Younique for the discount you ge...