Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wednesday means....

I'm sure you have heard that Wednesdays are WCW meaning Woman Crush Wednesdays. Well, I want to participate although I am probably not doing it the correct way and looking at this "crush" as a wonderful role model I was blessed with!  My mom! She is a beautiful woman inside and out and that would be why I chose her for today.


This is my mom and I at one of my favorite times spent with her....at a Keith Urban concert! 

There is so much I can tell you about my mom. She is an amazing woman and means so much to me. She has been my number one fan and would always tell me that she would be. If she was to ever go missing on her own, you could catch her at the beach. She smiles like a kid in a candy shop when she is at the beach! 

She Home schooled me in High school and we became oh so close! She passed down her love of dance and abilities to me. One of my favorite memories of when I was little was she would be cleaning the kitchen with music playing and the song "Everything I do" by Bryan Adams was on and she would pick me up and slow dance with me to it. One of our favorite things to do together was go to the local zoo take a picnic of food and sit in front of the Monkeys and have our lunch! Which we will be doing this spring/summer because I am going to be taking her there!

She fixes the Best Lasagna and Brownies ever! I try to fix them and they are close but never the same so I wonder why do I even try. Then makes me wonder what are my kids going to have that they can never get just right? Because really I don't have anything I make from scratch or really good.... 
She decorates her house and parties up like something you would see from a magazine. It really is Breath-taking!

We were like Lorelai and Rory from the Gilmore Girls and 4 years ago I did something I thought would never happen, I was Rory with Logan. I chose the worse guy ever over my mom. Watching the show I always thought why can't Rory see that Logan isn't for her and why can't she see he's a little punk. I did it it too! I went for a year not talking to her I regret doing that every day! 
I hurt her so much over an idea I thought I had. I did move back in with her and my dad and it wasn't the same I had so much anger and disappointment until I started dating Kris and now I feel like I am back to who I was before I messed up my life. 

 Some days I feel like I am an even better person now then I was back then. Everyday, just like back then I ask myself "Would my actions I made today make my mom and dad proud?" That's really all I care about most days. I always want them to be proud of me that's why I would love to just erase that time of my life. 
I ask Kris all the time, "why couldn't you have found me sooner?" It would have saved a lot of heart ache, tears and money. 

The past makes us who we are and be grateful for what we have and I am glad I am who I am today and was able to see the excitement she had from getting ready to go on a tropical vacation with my dad, who she has been married to for 27 years now!



That picture is so true! Just last night in the grocery store I had a moment where yep the sign fell right after I picked something up and that would have never happened to anyone else my Mom and I. I rolled my eyes giggled and moved quickly to the next aisle. 

So happy WCW! Hope you have a wonderful day! 

Make sure you stop and enjoy what you have today and Listen to your mom! She is always right! This was such a hard post to type because the tears kept falling! I love you Mama!
<3 Ashley


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely blog post to read first thing this morning.
    Life is a journey full of lessons. Some good, some bad. When you learn from them both, take the good and move on and don't repeat the bad, then you are growing and doing good.
    You are still a beautiful person inside and out. What happened was a hard lesson and time for us all. Now, you've moved on and doing much better. I'm very proud of you!
    It's nice that you have Kris in your world now and that he makes you happy but the real reason you feel good about life now is because of YOU. We all have the power to step up and make changes in our life. It's hard to do but we can.
    You're stronger and smarter than you realize.
    Thank you for this post. I love you.
    Now I'm going to find my tissues! :)

    ReplyDelete

Mascara

Here is something I found to be so very interesting and yet so freaking powerful to me.  Now, I joined Younique for the discount you ge...